An exciting and challenging activity for students and adults in Coimbatore - WALL CLIMBING. This facility is located inside KSIRS, Chinnavedampatti and is available for outsiders to use.
The Super Climber program offers the following:
- Training in Artificial Wall Climbing
- Memberships for individuals and families
- Championships in wall climbing for students and adults
The wall is designed, installed and operated by NALS Outdoors India Pvt Ltd (www.nals.in). NALS is licensed by Government of India (Ministry of Tourism) as an APPROVED ADVENTURE TOUR OPERATOR and during the past 8 Years of existence, NALS has become the leading provider of the following services:
- Adventure based Leadership training programs (Over 19,000 persons have participated in NALS programs )
- NALS operates 5 campuses - 3 are in Tamilnadu, one each in Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh
- Treks and expeditions to spectacular locations in Manalli and Ladakh
- Trekking and camping programs
- Student camping and Leadership skill training programs
- Faculty Development Programs
- Corporate Team Building and Outdoor activity programs
NALS is headed by Lieutenant Seshadri Venkatesan, ex-Indian Navy. He has over 20 years experience in ship repair, Dredging fleet maintenance and management in about 10 countries. He is a Certified Mountaineering Instructor. Under his supervision, NALS has acquired design and installation capabilities for climbing infrastructure and obstacle courses.
Concepts of Climbing
The primary objectives of the Super Climber program are to improve health and perseverance of students and adults through an exciting and riveting activity. The climbing activity can be addictive and thus wean us away from unhealthy lifestyles such as gadgets, TV and lethargy.
The first thing a child does as soon as he / she can walk is try to climb onto something. Our hunger for climbing comes from our ancestral DNA - the apes. Climbing is a wonderful activity that gives multiple benefits - builds endurance and strength, burns calories and accelerates weight loss, improves mental strength - particularly perseverance and resilience, to name a few.
Some of the other benefits of Wall Climbing:
- Combines cardio and strength into a single workout
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Improves flexibility
- Prevents chronic disease
- Conquer fear and improve ability to risk
- Improves self belief, confidence, self esteem, perseverance and resilience